[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Interesting Skin Depth Data

--- Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:
> Original Poster: "Dale Hall" <Dale.Hall-at-trw-dot-com>
>
> Hi all,
> The theory of using the resonator frequency may be
> perhaps
> flawed when doing skin affect analysis.
>
> Based upon my oscilloscope observations the
> frequency of an arc event is in the MHz range.
>
> The entire arc event is over in less that a
> microsecond (1MHz)
> The arc risetimes I've measured are in the order of
> ~25nS to ~100nS (~20MHz-5MHz) and some even higher
> freq.
>
> The resonator serves to provide charge to the Csec.
>
> The discharge of Csec generates the arc freq quite
> independent
> of the resonator ring up freq, for any one arc
> event.
>
> At 10-20 MHz arc oscillation, the ~30 MHy of the
> secondary
> represents good XL isolation from the arc (like a
> series choke).
>
> At 10-20Mhz the skin affect may well be more of a
> factor in the human case.
>
> Regards, Dale

-------
Hi Dale and other list members,

I must say Dale is quite correct (althought up to 10
Mhz ,according to some human tissue models,skin depth
is still more than 1 cm-more than enough to feel
strong muscular contractions in the case of  DCC
considerable).
Another phenomena sometimes happen during fast
electrodynamic transients over parts of human body are
so called alpha,betha,and gamma relaxations of human
cells:
One notices sudden rise of values of dielectric
"constants" of flesh.In concerned freq. range, for
some sorts of tissues, average dielectric constant
jumps from ß=50 up to ß=300.The result is slow down of
velocity of electromagnetic wave through body ( c'<c
when Maxwell eq. roughly applied is
c'=1/SQRT(ß&) ).Thus, some parts of body are able to
resonate  as early as from 5 Mhz wave introduced.
All this is a very simplified explanation what could
happen and sometimes does happen.Real model for  real
thing is very complicated.The world of Nonlinearity
and chaos -two of many things why I like TC
discharges.

Regards,
Boris