[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Avalon

Tesla List wrote:

> > > 6. Control system?
> >
> >Very little bells and whistles. Multiple safety circuits, including
> >temperature monitoring, etc. Amps, volts, speed control,
> >interlock relays, DUAL (!!) SAFETY KEY. Best bet would be
> >to use dual operator control, i.e.: make it IMPOSSIBLE to fire
> >the coil alone. Remember you WANT (actually your life WILL
> >depend on it) total control, NOT good looks. The ahhs and oohs
> >should come from a working coil, NOT a cool-looking control
> >cabinet that takes a half an hour to find the off switch.
> >

> My dad hammered something into me from birth, Form Follows Function, make it
> WORK safe, then make it pretty.

     You might want to consider a captive key system, so the key to enable the
main HV supply can't be released until all the safety system keys (i.e. HV
vault
key etc. ) are captured.

--
*Steve Rodway                        *   Heisenberg : We are not sure  *
*Legion-at-bigfoot-dot-com                  *    which side of the road the   *