[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: copper static SG problems

At 10:51 AM 11/03/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Original Poster: "Jan Florian Wagner" <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>
>

>But I still don't get it why it slows down when the NST is shorted.
>
>My setup is, from Triac&current limiting times:
>
>220V mains
>  1.4kW heater
>----/\/\/\----+------+----+
>              |      |    |
>             fan    PFC  NST
>              |      |    |
>--------------+------+----+
>
>The PFC is 22uF, a completely matching one (to NST) would have been 26uF.
>
>There is maybe something obvious I'm missing here?
>
> Jan Florian Wagner
> http://www.hut.fi/~jwagner

Your schematic shows the problem clearly.  Connect the fan directly across
the mains BEFORE the resistor.  As you presently have it, the current that
the transformer/PFC draws causes a voltage drop across the resistor and as
a result the fan slows down.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca