[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Avalon

Hi Chris,
                I think you might begin by choosing one of two starting
points for any design:  either the sparklength you require (if you
have unlimited power (and money) available or the input power you
have on hand. The basic spec for a design should tumble out of
such a  requirement I would think.  Electrum had a similar starting
point but also had the odd restriction imposed on its physical
construction by artistic requirements which shouldn't be a
consideration for you. I'd be interested to hear what others have to
say.

Regards,
Malcolm

> Original Poster: "Christopher Boden" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> Alright. Let's start with design.
>
> 1. Should the system be AC or DC? Why?
>
> 2. Components size? (ie, tower height? Sec. wire size?)
>
> 3. Primary type? (I am thinking interior helical like Electrum, but is there
> a better way?) I would like to be able to change tuneing without too much
> hassle.
>
> 4. Topload? I am thinking a large sphere with interior tubeular frame
> covered in a polished stainless skin, monocoque construction. With a 1"
> tapped hole at the top for attachment of removeable devises (breakout points
> ...etc)

<snip>