[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MOTs Rule Again!

In a message dated 3/13/00 1:02:30 AM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>  snip
> Could the improved 4" coil
>  process even more power?  I'd have to move it out doors to find out!  Not
>  enough head space--what a cool problem to have!
>
>  I can't wait to get started on my planned 6" coil.  Moved out doors and
>  driven with the ~2KW MOT supply, it will be a threat to low-flying
>  aircraft.  MOTs rule again!
>
>  Best Regards,
>
>  Greg Hunter
>  Cochran, GA

Greg,

Nice results.  I got a max of 65" sparks from my 4" by 23" coil, but I
run at 120 bps, so my "bang" size is large.  By running such a coil
at a higher bps, even longer sparks should be obtainable.  Also, the
max spark lengths obtainable will be limited more by the coil's height
than by it's diameter.  When I replaced my secondary with a 6" by 24"
secondary, I got the same results.

Cheers,
John Freau