[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MOT - PSU

Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:

> Try looking for bigger microwave ovens with Gardner (U.K.)
> MOTs. These put out 2.3kV at 650mA rated (measured

Reinhard,

Thank you for your advice, but I really doubt, that I'll find one/some
on the local scrap yards.

> Antiparallel both on the 230V side and series the two
> on the secondary side. Center tap the connection coming
> >from MOT #1 and going into MOT#2 and ground it. That
> way, you will get 4.6kV-at- 650mA (making ~3kVA) without
> overvolting the secondaries of the MOTs.
So far so good. The "only" problem is, that tubes need the plate
voltage related to GND. Unfortunately I can't use + 3.2 kV and - 3.2
kV.

Therefore I'd like to repeat my question: Is my intended circuitry
suitable or will the insulation of the xformers break down (after a
while)?

> That should give your VTTC a smokinī (pun intended) hot output.
That's what I'm looking for!! The only thing I'm missing is a suitable
secondary ;-)

> Coiler greets from (and back to) Germany,
Same to you.

Herwig