[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Avalon

Comments interlaced

>Original Poster: "Megavolt Nick" <tesla-at-fieldfamily.prontoserve.co.uk>
>
>>I think you may want to stop and think about the magnitude of this; at
>250kVA you need a dedicated feed, your own substation.

We have a dedicated substation, the facility was originally a power plant.
If I wanted 138KV we could get it easily.

>Basically if you want to run 1/4 of a megawatt the power company will want
>know what you want to do with it, what sort of duty cycle you'll take, what
>power factor your load is, make darn sure no rf goes back into the lines.

The local energy concern will be working hand in hand with us to design and
build the project. They are very interested in the coil and have offered to
help. There are a couple coilers there I think. :)

>And unless you feel like doing a few years training you have to pay a lot
>of
>high power EEs to do this all because no power or insrance company will
>touch you with a barge pole unless ALL the work was carried out by a
>properly qualified and experienced engineer.

We are enlisting the donation of services of several professional
contractors etc...

>BTW: To get the record you'll actually need to build a 650kVA system as I
>believe Robert Golka and co.'s old coil is now running at 600kVA for USAF
>test purposes. The HAARP research probably beats that one as well but that
>one's a touch classified...;-)
>
>Regards
>Nick Field

Hmmmm... what is the output length? I'm MUCH more concerned with the longest
output than the highest power. I would rather make an efficiant good coil
than use the brute force method and just throw gobs of power into a dirty
coil.