[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Dramatic Performance Drop After 5 Seconds?

Hi John & Coilers,

Discovered something last night that might be causing
my problem.  Let me know what you think or if my fix is going
to maybe work.

Holy Cow !!!  Anybody have a sync gap for sale?

> Regards,
> John Freau

I don't have any air blowing across the gap at this point.
I want to try this out, also has anybody tried running their
air blown gap right out a window or garage door.  I think
that might be a really good idea for those of you who run
their TCs inside.

To the point, I remember last night that my secondary has
the mag wire tied off inside the PVC tube.  I know this is
bad however that is what the Popular Science plans called to
do and it was fine for the power level of a car coil.  Now
my coil has only 16.5" of wire and since I was seeing 14"
streamers that did appear to occasionally dance a little
higher.  So I am guessing maybe it was arcing inside the tube.
I took a look and there is a little scratch inside the tube
in the shape of a lightning bolt. :-0

Do you think this would cause what I saw and heard to happen?

I am hoping that I am going to be able to tape a bunch of
Polyethylene inside tube to discourage it from happening again.
If the damage is not to bad will this work?

Many Thanks,
Bill Parn