[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Ultraviolet light from brush discharge.

      viggy

snip
>I've got a question:  How protective would a pair of sunglasses be?  I
>realize that the "UV" protection on them are really for the amount of UV
>produced by the sun.  Would a good pair of sunglasses protect you eyes?

   If the lens are made from acrylic they will filter out most all UV below
325 nanometers which may help a bit.If you can get  a hold of Plexiglas UF3
(or it's successor...)  then better  yet.. it will block nearly all UV
below 390NM
Nasty stuff on the eyes,be very careful.
Robert