[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Avalon Power source

It's official.
The power source for the Avalon Coil is to be 1MVA at 15,000 volts.

Now all I need is to depot 50,000NSTs....LOL

Alright, design ideas?

1. Primary?

2. Assumeing the LAMMC design how many and what size cap? I would prefer
something by Cornell Dubilier that they would have as a stock part. I want
to overengineer this cap by a respectable amount and also have the ability
to set ir for, Res, LTR, and various other setups and tuneings so we need a
LOT of leeway.

3. I would like to use caps in the area of 3-4"diaX5-6" tall, the sixe of
those computer grade electrolytics you see all over. I don't want itty-bitty
ones (think MMC) though beautiful, and Terry could probably solder them in a
day at the rate he builds MMCs :) it's impractical and finding dead ones
would be heck.
   I also don't want to use the massive 200Lbs cans they usually use for
something like this. Too big, not enough redundancy, too many problems. I
want something in the middle. The overdesign of an MMC with the power of a
pulse cap, the L.A.M.M.C. :)

I wonder wha Terry's Cap Design program would say to this? LOL

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / Founder
The Geek Group
www.geekgroup-dot-org