[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: weird primary design

Hi Matt,

At 10:08 PM 03/15/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi,
>since I dont have any access to a saw or a drill press,I was wondering if I
>could take my main 2ft by 2ft board and drill holes where the normal primary
>wire supports would be.Then I would simply put wire ties on each set of holes
>thus holding down a turn of the primary.Any one know how to preform the
>primary or know any other alternatives to this since I dont have a saw for
>cutting slats or a drill press for drilling precise holes?

Anything that will hold the spiral into shape without conducting
electricity will be fine.  A few people have managed not to have any
support, just a spiral lying on plastic.  However, that seems really hard
to get just right.   Even electrical tape may be a thought.

Tye-wraps have been used by many people with great success.  You will need
a lot of them...  Do not get the black UV type.  They may contain
conductive carbon.

Cheers,

	Terry