[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: weird primary design

It's going to be hard to attach connections to the primary if it's resting on
the baseboard. It is *by far* preferred to connect from underneath, since you
(a) dont have the cables running over the unused primary turns, which is asking
for flashover (and a fire - it happened to me on my temporary test rig) and (b)
the cables will attract secondary arcs.

I did mine with just a standard (hand) woodsaw and a hand drill, and the
supports were made of plywood soaked in mineral oil, dried and then varnished.
However, if you are patient and handy with a hacksaw I dare say you could use
plastic. It doesn't have to be super-accurate, and although it might not be as
cosmetically great as some guys have achieved, if it works, it works!

Alex

P S we usually use first names on the list - it's quite a community here!