[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Avalon

>Original Poster: "Jeff W. Parisse" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>
>
>Mark,
>
>This is probably the best advice that the Geek Group has gotten.
>
>Jeff
>
>snip...
> > Original Poster: "Mark Finnis" <mefinnis-at-medicine.adelaide.edu.au>
> > Before you start designing rotary gaps, try raising the capital to
>perform
> > a "study of feasibility".  This might mean walking into a range of
>offices,
> > including Greg and/or Bill's, putting a cheque on the table and
>approaching
> > the topic from the foundation-up, rather than the other way around.

Actually I think that had to do with an electric fence and having
to....nevermind...lol

I think you're perfectly correct. But I'm not sure what sense you mean, so I
will address both.

Foundation meaning, 1) Capital 2) the tower and base.

1) Capital actually is the focus of the design. I have this funny need to
know what I have to buy before I go shopping.

The Avalon project might be built in a year, or not even started for 5. It
will be built, that I know. But the time element isn't a big deal to me,
it's not like project Sam where I need it for next saturday's demo at the
park, this can wait. I have all the time in the world. At 1MVA I won't have
any competition with the record for a while, and if I do, great. They can
learn the hard lessons and I will sponge off their mistakes :)

Now is the time to design it. It's a hot topic, and with good reason.
EVERYONE has dreamed of building something like this, if they haven't they
have self esteem issues. There are something like 500 people who see this
list, and the 50 people a day who carouse our site. I want to pick their
brains. There is no way I could design even the cap bank by myself. I'm an
idiot, and I prove it to myself on a daily basis. But I have learned the
secret to success, get a great idea that people will believe in and want to
help succeed, find a whole herd of wicked smart people, and make it possible
for them to have the facilities to create and have fun doing it. By myself I
am nothing but a weirdo and a dreamer, with the Group I can, and have,
accomplised miricles.

The tesla list, and Geek Group can spend months designing the perfect coil,
when the time comes (I will have the Avalon Complex to remodel first) we
will build it, and I will invite everyone and their dog to come help. I
don't have to keep any kind of design schedule, I'm not building this for a
science fair, or a history of electricity event (the 13M), I have time, I'm
bulding this for my company, and the Geek Group will be here for a while :)

As far as the tower goes, I have posted an emil to the list addressing those
issues.

Have fun!

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / Founder