[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Interesting ozone production data

Hi Terry,

Very interesting. Only 5 KV in a 5" arc, wow! But it doesn't surprise me
that much. I would think that 5 KV would be enough to initiate the
production of Ozone, but perhaps some other factors are involved. Perhaps
it is the heat of the CW corona that is reducing O3 output, and also the
heat will cause more mixing with air, thus dilluting it.  My experience
has been that my VTTC's produce some O3 (and possibly more NOx), but not
as much O3 as my clasic coils have. But the comparason is tedious, as my
max spark lenght for a pulsed VTTC is 24", but a clasic TC with 24 inch
discharge, as you have shown, the voltage is possibly much lower in a
CW coil. Even so, a clasic TC producing 24 inch discharge will make a
closed room very unbarable in short order. Not as much with my 24 inch
VTTC discharge.

Regards,

David Trimmell