[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Salt water caps & corona

Hi Tom,

	Hard to say.  The new cap may have more loss than helpful capacitance.  Or
the tuning may simply be better with your original cap.  Far too many
variable to pin it down.  Best just to experiment around.

The key may be in the corona you see with the new cap.  Corona can indicate
a lot of loss in the system.  I have erased my salt water cap days from my
memory but perhaps someone else knows of a way to try and stop the corona.