[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Helical primary question

Greetings

I got a wild hair and decided to build a new "medicine coil" (just don't ask) a
couple of days ago to replace the long since defunct bipolar coil I had built
some 20 odd years ago. I want to use a helical primary wound over the secondary
spaced away on HDPE formers. The primary will not have any provision for a
movable tap of any kind for tuning purposes. As such, it will be necessary to
build in tune. This brings me to my question; Will I be able to measure the
inductance of the primary coil with the secondary in proximity (1" is the
planned clearance) or will the (open, unloaded, no ground or topload) secondary
couple to the primary and affect the measurement? BTW I use a Wavetek 27XT and
don't know what the freq. it uses for L/C measurements.

Any thoughts?

Later
deano