[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Building a Primary

At 05:03 PM 3/17/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Original Poster: "David W" <Dav_W926-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
>    Does anyone have a good method of connecting the ends of copper tubing
in a
>primary when the primary is made of 2 seperate pieces of copper tubing?
>
>    ~Dave

The way I did it was to take a short piece of solid copper wire, file it
down until it fit insude the copper tubing, and then I used a 300 Watt
soldering gun to heat the tubing enough to solder across the joint. Then I
buffed the joint a little with some fine sandpaper to smooth it out. Worked
great. I'd try to find wire that already fits inside the copper tubing
though, because all the filing gets a little tedious ;)
Dan