[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 250,000 volt nuclear transformer

Hi Andy,

	What an odd toy ;-))  With a transformer like that you may not need a TC
;-))  If it is not current limited you could ballast it and draw big power
arcs off it ;-))  I nice Jacobs ladder!!!

First, Be vary carful when testing this thing.  It may make put a pole
transformer to shame in it's killing ability!!  If you can find out exactly
what is in it you would be ahead.  If it is just a transformer.  You can
certainly hook it up in reverse to get 250kV on the terminals!!  I wonder
if it has an internal capacitor or something like that??  I used to work on
capacitive couple line voltage transducers but they were all capacitors
with only a drain inductor.  I wonder if that's what this is.  In that
case, it would not be a transformer at all though.  A picture, especially
of the low voltage side connections, would be useful.  If it is just two
terminal marked 120 VAC and has the obvious weight of a transformer, then
it probably is just what they say.

	I have a hard time imagining what you would do with it for a Tesla coil
but this "opportunity" has not been pondered before....

Be real careful with that thing!!

Cheers,

	Terry