[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

250,000 volt nuclear transformer

	I recently bought a transformer that steps down 250,000 volts to 115 volts,
formerly used in a nuclear power plant. It weighs about 1000 lbs. and is at
least 5 feet tall.  I think it said that it was a capacitively coupled
potential transformer. I was wondering if you could hook it up in reverse
and get 250,000 volts?  Are pole pigs connected in reverse for high voltage?
Unfortunately I don't have it now, because I couldn't get it home to test.
If anyone knows if it will work or have any other comments then please
respond. Thanks,

-Andy