[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Building a Primary

In a message dated 3/18/00 6:28:50 AM Central Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<<   Does anyone have a good method of connecting the ends of copper tubing
in a
 primary when the primary is made of 2 seperate pieces of copper tubing?

     ~Dave >>
Hi Dave,
I have discovered that 3/16 will telescope into 1/4 and 1/4 will telescope
into 3/8.
I then sweat solder the coupling. However, evidently the tubing comes in
different
gauges and I have run into some where things aren't that easy. Also, the
tubing cutter
has a tendency to constrict the opening. In either case a little swaging will
bring the two
sizes together. Another method is to poke a piece of solid copper wire into
the two
pieces, have everything nice and clean and sweat solder the joint. Any piece
of copper or brass rod giving a close fit to the internal diameter will work
great.

Cheers,
Ralph Zekelman