[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: weird primary design

Hi Matt,

	Darn...  When I first started winding primaries, mine were all messed up
too...  They still work fine.  the electricity does not care as long as
they are not all shorted and touching.

I start with a new roll of 1/4 inch refrigeration tubing and carefully
remove the box from the roll without disturbing it.  I then set it on the
coil form and slowly expand it just enough to set were it needs to go.  I
try and work with large sections and bend it just the minimum needed to
place it.  I usually lays in place with minimum bending and stays in pretty
good shape.  There have been a few times when I pull the mess off, wad it
up, get another roll, and start over...  When you buy to role, eyeball it
pretty good to be sure it is in good shape to start with.

I wish I could say more to help but that is all the advice I know to give
on laying primary tubing.  I wonder if anyone has really done a great job
at it the "first" time???  If so perhaps they know more tips??

Cheers,

	Terry