[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitors, coils, xformers, oh my....

>> Magnet wire...I live here in (sometimes) sunny FL, but nobody wants to
>> sell me the 1000' of wire I need (before you freak, I'm only needing
>> ~400ft for a secondary, but have a few other projects going too that could
>> use it, and bulk=cheap!)  Something about "liability" or some lawyer-induced
>> hysteria...  Soo...looks like online ordering for me.  Any good links or
>> sources?

Liability issues for magnet wire? I can see the issue with selling a pole
pig to some average joe coiler, but with just wire this should not be an
issue.  Visit www.eis-inc-dot-com and find your local dealer.  Magnet wire is
$35 for a 10 pound (6") spool most often, but the price fluctuates with the
copper index.

-Adam
adamsmith-at-mediaone-dot-net