[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Using Printed Circuit Boards

I see no functional reasons not to use PCB's.  It's just that in protection
networks, the number of components is something you can count on one hand
and it will take a lot longer to design and build a PCB than to throw a few
wires onto a piece of perfboard.  Even in MMC's, you're only going to build
one of these, so perfboard is faster.

In many applications, you need considerable space between wires to avoid
arcover, so 99% of the board would be just open space.  Lastly, I've found
that in my coiling experience, few things remain unchanged for long before I
want to change them.  Perfboard is more flexible in this regard.  Of course,
if someone is willing to design and build you these for free, it'll look
real nice...

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA