[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: heater on toroid

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000 12:02:06 -0700, Tesla List wrote:

>  Original Poster: "Jan Florian Wagner" <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>
>
>  Hi,
>
>  just some weirdo idea here... what would happen if one placed a
>  powerful heater - maybe some coiled up wire shortening a strong battery -
>  on the topload? I'm not thinking about the heat (i.e. not a candle), but
>  the glowing metal that releases electrons into the surroundings before
>  having streamers breaking out. (some sort of pre-ionization before the
>  breakout voltage in the field distribution around the heater is reached)
>
>  I've only a small coil and it would crash below my car battery, and
>  having wires extend to the toroid from elsewhere wouldn't be nice either,
>  so I can't try it myself, though I'd like to.
>
>  Would there be any observable/theoretic benefits or neat effects? Or no
>  effect at all? At least blue haze around the heater?
>
>  just being curious...

 Make your topload a ground insulated barbeque with live coals, might want
to get back a little, I am trying this soon with a different high freq.
process: see my electric teapot entry at messageboard. HDN

Binary Resonant System
http://www.insidetheweb-dot-com/mbs.cgi/mb124201

Visit http://freelane.excite-dot-com/freeisp