[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: heater on toroid

I would be a little (well maybe a lotta) worried about
blowing up ones battery.

I am guessing that the high voltage would potentially travel
through the resistive heating element right into the battery.
I don't know what would happen if you put 250,000 Volts into
a 12 volt battery, but it probably wouldn't be pretty.

Interesting thought about pre-ionizing the air, however I am
thinking that the TC itself would do all the pre-ionizing
within a few micro seconds of operation.

It might be safer to put your TC into a argon chamber or
some other gas that is more easily ionized then normal
air.  I think argon creates a lot of UV though so be
careful.

Cheers,
Bill