[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bipolar or half wave.

Hi Luc,

<snip>
> I see your point , It's probably easier physically and mechanically to
make the
> primary isolated from the secondary in that setup then with a bipolar. I
> already
> consider the approach of the magnifier I'm sure it's the simpliess way  to
> solve
> the arcing problem:  You  could easily built the driver in oil, but from
what I
> know they are difficult to tune and less efficient  I'll try that later
maybe.
> In your opinion what is the best option a coil with a counter poise or a
> bipolar
> coil without a ground reference. Please correct my if I'm wrong in a bipolar
> coil you don't need to fide energy to the ground you just need a reference.

IMO anything without a ground reference point is dodgy at any
significant power level. What level did you have in mind? Either
arrangement is likely to suffer the same problem (arcing to primary
near the centre/base) if one end is allowed to attach to some object
while the other end isn't. For dinky power levels it doesn't matter.

Regards,
Malcolm