[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: FREE NST's

> 1. RF ground post (or whatever) to one end of you 6AWG cable.
> 2. Other end of RF ground to a small terminal on the bottom of your Primary
> Col Form (the underside of the table). THIS TERMINAL DOES NOT CONNECT TO THE
> PRIMARY IN ANY WAY!!!!!
> 3. Connect Secondary Bottom lead to the RF ground terminal.
> 4. Connect a 10AWG wire to EACH NST case ground.
> 5. Connect a 10AWG wire From the NST gounds to the RF ground terminal.
> 6. Connect a 10AWG wire from your Safety Gap Ground to the RF ground
> terminal.
> 7. PHASE YOUR NST's (for instructons on this just ask the list, or email me
> if you don't know already)
> 8. Connect HV terminal #1 of your NST supply to one side of the safety Gap
> with 10AWG wire.
> 9. Connect HV terminal #1 of your NST supply to one side of your Spark Gap
> with 10AWG wire.
> 10 Connect HV terminal #2 of the NST supply to the other side of the spark
> and safety gaps the same way as the 1st side.
> 11. Connect one side of the capacitor to the center turn of the primary with
> 10AWG wire.
> 12. Connect the other side of the cap bank to one side of the Spark Gap with
> 10AWG wire.
> 13. Connect the other side of the spark gap to your primary tap point with
> 10AWG wire, this should terminate in an alligator clip.
> 14. Connect your primary connections of the nst's to your control panel, or
> if you're feeling lucky........an extection cord, but I would not reccomend
> it.
>
> I would reccomend Larger wire than 10AWG, but it will work, it's what I use.
> Bt I am upgrading to 6 soon.

Chris, you don't need such heavy gauge wire for ALL the high-voltage 60Hz
circuits, only for the grounds and tank circuit connections.  10 gauge wire
is needed for circuits with 30+ amps continuous.  120mA worth of NSTs will
not put out much more than a couple hundred mA continuously.

I use 14 gauge GTO on to connect my neons to each other, and to my safety
gap, bypass caps, etc... My tank circuit uses copper flashing strips as the
conductors, and my NST cases and safety gap are connected to my #00 ground
cable with #6.

-Adam
adamsmith-at-mediaone-dot-net