[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: teslameter? what is it?

Hi Jon

A teslameter measures magnetic fields, usually static (unchanging).

One Tesla equals 10000 gauss, the value of the earths magnetic field.

The meter works by measuring the "NMR" Nuclear Magnetic
Resonance of hydrogen nuclei, which resonate at around 42
Megahertz in a one T. field. These meters are usually used to measure
the fields in and around large magnets such as "MRI" Magnetic
Resonance Imaging magnets. When such machines went commercial
the "Nuclear" part was left off to avoid scaring the public.

LR