[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Glass Capacitor

Hi all

My very first attempt also involved a glass capacitor
( .. lets see, dieletric constant nearly 8 ..) and consisted
of a 4 foot square of 1/8 inch window glass with about
40 inchs square copper foil left over from a MRI installation.

Driven by a 15 kV/60mA neon it made an alarming buzzing
noise, not being under oil, but never punched through.

Performance with a coil was truly dismal, and led to my
finding this list. Which certainly cleared up allot of misconceptions.

LR