[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: salt water caps

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Brad DiGiovine" <Guido28-at-mediaone-dot-net>
>
> i built a set of these and i guessed 0.1" for the thickness of the walls
> of the wine bottles i used to caculate my capacitance, i was just
> wondering if anyone knew if that was a safe guess or if there is anyone
> who knows what the thickness of the wine bottles usually is.
>
> thanks
> brad

Hi Brad

couldnt pass this one up ....

so I broke a cheap wine bottle     .118"

a good wine bottle                 .127"

and a champagne bottle             .213"

these are avg measures around the perimeter of the bottles...
( I also do home brewing ... just in case you are wondering why I have
all these bottles  :)  )

what I'll do when I'm bored ....   ;)

Scot D