[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The saturable transformer, or "Taming the MOT"

>Original Poster: "Finn Hammer" <f-hammer-at-post5.tele.dk>
>
>Gang!
>
>I was searching the IBM patent database for saturable reactors, but
>patents for the real thing are so old, that they ae not iincluded in the
>database, it only reaches back to the start of the seventees.
>
>One patent stood out, this:
>4122385
>Inventor: George A. Oberbeck
>
>http://patent.womplex.ibm-dot-com/cgi-bin/viewpat.cmd/US04122385__

Hi Finn,

Thanks for the info, very interesting!

Because I couldn't outline your first ASCII drawing I was looking for
pictures on the IBM site. There should be eleven, but an error was the
result after clicking the 'view images' link. Did you see the images?
Do you know why I couldn't outline your first drawing.

Thanks in advance,

The MotMan