[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Remote phase cntrl

Hi Jeff, coilers,

I'm glad the phase adjust thing works well for you.  I think the degree of
phase adjustment available depends on the locking margin of the motor to
start with.

If the motor is barely holding the disc in sync,  then it's already
lagging by a lot of degrees and you really haven't got much to play with
before it starts hunting.  If the motor is really powerful,  then it will
lock spot on at full voltage and you should be able to introduce a lot
more phase lag with the Variac before it starts hunting.

I think this is a good reason to use motors with ample power for sync
rotaries.  We really don't want the rotary phase to shift if the line
voltage drops when drawing a lot of power !

A few people Emailed me and said that they didn't get good results with
this remote control method,  so it doesn't work for everyone :-(

							Cheers,

							-Richie,