[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TOROIDS

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Fucian-at-aol-dot-com
>
> I just bought a 4inch diam. by 8ft peice of aluminum duct.when i formed it it
> was to much for my coil.it gave much morer powerful arcs but no streamers
> even with a breakout point.can any body recommend anything to do with
> it?should i cut it to a smaller size?or should i take it back?the specs
> are---secondary--3by15,690 turns24awg.the primary---11 turns flat,copper
> tubing.transformer is a 9kv30ma.
>
> matt

Hi Matt ...

is the ducting material the expandable type ?   if it is and you pulled
it to full lenght  recompress it back to the "squished" length and find
a 1 gallon paint can and reform the toriod around it , retape the joint
, and RETUNE the primary :)   even small size increases in the toriod
can mess up the tuning in a hurry.   By adding a larger toriod to the
coil it drops the frequency of the sec/toriod combo  so that means a
primary retune....  you will have to move the tap to an increased number
of turns    say if you tuned for 9 turns ...  bigger toriod means a
retune to 10.5 turns or so  ( depending on your previous tap point and
size difference in toriod)

Scot D