[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Strike Rail

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Bob Berg" <berg_bob-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> I think this is a simple question:
> I have seen some coils with and with out strike rails.  Is a strike rail
> needed? Is it used to protect primary from taking hits from the seconday?
> Thanks
> Bob

Hi Bob ...

a strike rail is really nice to have ...  it helps tremendously in
averting the streamer strike to the primary  ( which can cause nasty
stuff to happen like blowing caps and trannies) but if you are really
good at field shaping with the toriod ( only Terry is that good ;)  )
then do with out the strike rail ...   :)

Scot D