[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Polyethylene and RF Chokes

Hey.  I've been trying desperately to make a working flat plate capacitor
with polyethylene sheets and alluminum foil.  When I get it done, it
measures .03µf, but it just shorts out as soon as I apply any voltage to
it.  But I am sure that the poly is too thin, as well as extremely
inferior.  If someone has some really thick polyethylene left over (or
heck, some HV caps at that) that they can sell or send, I would be much
obliged. :-)

Also, I have been thinking about making RF chokes. (I am using no safety
circuit at all right now and haven't blown anything yet, but I still feel I
should start protecting my investment. :))  I saw the air-core chokes on
the net that looked just like little secondaries.  If I build a couple of
these, what values am I looking for, and what will do what?

	Thanks,
	       Ryan