[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Secondary wire

Looking back at some old notes, I found something I had written in '95,
unfortunately I have no idea where the idea came from. The gist was this, that
modern wire with self-fluxing insulation is not as good as the older types of
enamelled wire. Two queries were attached in my notes, the first being whether
the modern insulation might be lossier, the second being that it had a lower
puncture voltage. In the UK, at least, only the more modern type is readily
available from the normal stockists. Personally I have used both, but has
anyone any commments?
Steve