[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Interference - how do I build the ulitimate mains filter?

Alan, list,

snips, here and there,

> My first thought is to put together some big chokes and caps
> - the caps can double for pfc. And a few movs. But I thought
> that I would seek the advice of the wise ones here first.

> I also
> wonder if I can add caps etc to filter across ballast chokes etc.

Put the caps and MOVs across the lines, not in parallel with the ballast
choke itself.  Putting them in parallel will pass the spikes right around
the
ballast choke (which also helps choke out the spikes).

> Alan Sharp (UK)

David L. McKinnon
D&M's High Voltage