[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Better coating

Hello Coilers,

I had an idea for coating the secondary that worked GREAT.
Instead of the standard rotating jig and paint brush method,
I used a pan underneath that the coil ran through filled with polyurethane.
The result:
A bubble free, wrinkle free,drip and run free, paint brush line free coat of
polyurethane about 1/8" thick after one application.

Here's exactly how I did it:

I built a sheet metal pan 30" long, 6" wide, with 1 1/2" sides.
This size is for a 6" coil 24" long,
This holds almost a gallon.
I let the coil spin THROUGH this pan at 6 rpm for 3 minutes.
Then, I let it spin OUT of the pan for 8 hours at 6 rpm.
Like I said, I got 1/8" thick coat after one application that is
perfectly smooth.

I hope somebody else trys this.
What a time saver!!

Happy coiling,
Trent
<mailto:neontrent-at-earthlink-dot-net>neontrent-at-earthlink-dot-net