[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: small maggie question

Hi Scot,
             Unfortunately your idea doesn't work. Connecting a second
resonator to the top of the first makes the entire secondary system
behave as though it was a much larger coil and tune changes
completely. I gave a recipe for calculating the final frequency of
such a combination several days ago. If you want to see why it
happens like this, consider that you are connecting a low
impedance (base of second coil) to a high impedance (top of the
first). The result is a complete change of tune (unless the second
resonator has very low inductance and a tiny capacitance).
       Streamer length is related to power input, primary energy and
resultant output voltage.

Regards,
Malcolm