[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: primary design

> Original Poster: "Tom Stathes" <newphreak_16-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Tom,

Well, I with a flat primary using 0.25" Cu tubing and 0.25" space between turns
and 1.25" space between secondary and primary, your looking at tuning in at
about 7 turns with a top load assumed of 24pF (8" x 22" toroid). Personally, if
you have the capability to reduce the cap size to 1/2 (0.15uF), then you could
add more turns to your primary at about 10 turns. I think you would be better
off with twice the inductance of Lp (7 turns to 10 turns doubles your
inductance). This is from reports to the list and from my own experience with
my coil.

Bart