[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Kerosene?

First, I'd like to thank everyone for their help. It's been quite
enlightening.

On the advice of Bert Pool, I made quite a few phone calls to oil
distributors. I found that Tulco Oil, in Arlington, Texas, sells Lubesnap
100 for $24.95 in 5 gallon pails, and they will ship UPS.

A local distributor here in southern California, Temecula Oil, was able to
find Diala AX (thanks for mentioning that one, Jim!) packaged in 5 gallon
pails for $27.93. Seeing as how Diala AX is specifically designed as a
transformer oil, I decided to opt for that.

Yes, it is more expensive than kerosene, but it should be worth it in the
long run. It's just a better quality insulator. Seems like it would be
better to build it right the first time, than risk all the materials on a
lower-quality insulating oil.

Anywho, just thought I'd share my findings with everyone. I'm not sure how
many coilers are still making poly/aluminum/oil capacitors, but I think
it's fun just for the novelty of it. =)

Thanks again, everyone.

Chris
ICQ# 6334746