[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NST Life Cycle

I'm new the entire coiling subject, so bare with my lack of knowedge.  I know
that you need to set up filters for a NST or any transformer so it doesn't
burn out, but its unclear exactly how these work.  I've also read that you
can fix a transformer by de-tarring it.  When a transformer "burns out," can
they usually be fixed by just replacing the crap inside?  If you can fix most
transformers, why do people insist on new ones?  Well, do your best to answer
these questions as simply as possible.  Thanks!
                                        Justin