[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MASSIVE Coil

Malcolm,

Although I have no personal experience in operating a Magnifier Coil as
of yet (it is a future project though), I have been led to believe that
they are many times more effeicent than a standard 1/4 wave coil for
several reasons...

1) Extremely tight coupling between Lp and Ls
2) Extremely low quench times (Tesla used a maggy with about 50,000 bps
as I understand), this is to keep as much energy in the secondary as
possible by reducing each bang size. For better quench you can wire a
multiple gap in series with the rotary.
3) Tuning the secondary coil to the 1/8 wave (less voltage, but a lot
more current), hence more overall power to drive the tertiary)
4) Tertiary is not bogged down at all by the flux from the Lp and Ls
5)Tertiary is responcible for all the VSWR, not the secondary

Why would Tesla even bother building and operating these coils if he
didn't think that there was some advantage? These after all were the
coils he was going to use to send wireless electricity to power the
world.

As far as the 22 mega volt RQ coil, those are his claims, I am just
repeating. Another advantage to the magnifier coil is that it is able to
process a much higher voltage without frying to a crisp. As I mentioned
before I have no actual hands on experience yet, so the advantages may
not be quite as bold...but there is only one way to find out! :-) I am
curious though if you have built one of these coils?

Dan
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.