[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New solid state pictures

Hi Richie, all,

Great description of your work on your web site. Continuos wave coils (tube
based) have been somewhat of a interest of mine over the last few years.
Last Summer I experienced a example of the secondary coil heating, as you
describe, that actually caused it to "burn" up! Yes, smoke and small
flames! This was while running with grid audio modulation (filtered DC -at-
around 2kW), and extended running, perhaps 15-20 min. I attributed the
heating due to inductive heating, what do you think? See my photos running
with half-wave pulsed DC at http://www.pond-dot-net/~davidt/webdoc2.htg/Photos.htm

Regards,

David Trimmell