[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Mylar Interlayer Insulation

In a message dated 5/5/00 10:08:44 PM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Original Poster: "Luc" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

 Hi

 The problem I see with mylar is that stuff is not really resistant to heat
 and get deform when heated.

 Luc Benard(Montreal)

Some of the information I have about Mylar is that it will withstand 300
degrees F. It is unaffected by most oils, and solvents. Also it will not
become brittle with age.  Since I am only going to use this transformer in
short runs to power Tesla coils, overheating should not be a problem. It will
take a long time for 50 plus pounds of magnet wire to reach a high enough
temprature to cause damage to the insulation.(maybe a dead short across the
output terminals would do the trick  though).

Frankensteins Helper

  Max