[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: neon primary?

Hi Trent,

        The primary needs to conduct hundreds of amps at very low (like an ohm
or two resistance).  I don't think neon type gasses would do that well enough.
However, you could probably easily just place a neon tube near the primary and
it would light too and it would light from the nearby energy.

Of course, you could always give it a try even with a extra turn or two of neon
tubing...  who knows...  I would think adding neon around a Tesla coil could
add some neat effects!  Maybe a toroid filled with gas.  The resistance could
be very high in that case...  Maybe like a plasma ball that could reach out and
get you ;-))  Many possibilities there...

Cheers,

        Terry