[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Spark Gap Question

In a message dated 5/14/00 8:31:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Original Poster: "A W" <fateagk-at-home-dot-com>

 I am building a RQ gap and I am in need of information. I am confused
 about the spacing between each gap. I am using seven 3/4 inch pipe
 couplers for six gaps in a 4" pvc pipe. My power source is a 12/30 NST
 and using WinTesla, it says I need .2381" between each gap. I havnt seen
 anybody that says they need that much of a gap. On the websites I have
 seen, people say they have a total gap of that much with an individual
 gap size of like .03". What is correct. I am trying to follow specs that
 coilers are using on their coils that are proven to work. I am also
 trying to use wintesla as a reference. Can someone please help?

 Thanks,
 Andrew

Andrew,

You want 6 gaps of .025" to .030" each.  I used brass bolts to mount my
copper pipe sections. Leave these long enough so you can make connections to
any of the individual pipes.  This allows you to select more or less total
gap spacing, which you will find handy somewhere along the line.

Ed Sonderman