[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Propagation velocity in long helical coils.

Hi Bob,

	I suspended my two coils from the ceiling with heavy nylon cord and strung
a wire down to the LCR meter with the other lead of the meter grounded.  As
I approached the coils, they seemed very stable and they were not
excessively affected by surrounding objects in my case.  The distances from
other things was about 3 feet minimum.

For the small coil:
L=22.1mH (measured)
D= 4.26 inches
L= 26.125 inches
Fo measured= 351.5 kHz
Fo Medhurst= 337.1 kHz
Fo Jones= 356.1 kHz

For the large coil:
L=75.4mH (measured)
D= 10.26 inches
L= 30.0 inches
Fo measured= 146.5 kHz
Fo Medhurst= 146.3 kHz
Fo Jones= 151.11 kHz

So it looks like your formula works extremely well!!

Cheers,

	Terry