[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New solid state pictures

In a message dated 5/16/00 10:26:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Since I was using a level shifted supply, I believe the spike in plate
>  voltage is responsible for the nice pointy sparks, but am not sure, as one
>  can get fuzzy sparks also.

David,

I did a comparison of a level shifted supply, and a regular type supply,
and for the same spark length, the sparks looked the same as far
as I could tell.  I think that branching is affected by a number of
things, such as tuning, grid feedback characteristics, etc.  My small
resonator tends to always give straight sparks, and the large resonator
always gives fuzzy sparks.

Cheers,
John Freau