[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

How many NST's....and my spark gap?

    I have a lot of NSt's kicking around (all15KV) and I was wondering how many
I could put in parallel before something "bad" happens.  I was thinking of
doing 5 or 6 of them -at- 60mA each, is this OK? Because it seems a lot cheaper
than getting a pole pig and all that ballasting.
    Also, do you think that my RQ spark gap will handle so many KVA (4.5 -
5.4)? It's 1" copper in 8" PVC, 14 gaps.  And (finally) is .03" gaps a good
choice for a RQ gap with 14 gaps? That equals a .42" total gap.

                                Thanks everyone for the help.